As stated on average, 43% of a home’s utility bill is devoted to heating and cooling. By ensuring your HVAC system is regularly maintained, you could potentially save up to 30% on these energy costs. Because Colorado Springs has such a long heating season, maintaining your heater is key to saving energy.
By investing in a heating tune-up at least once yearly, you can enjoy other money-saving advantages such as:
- Surprises are never fun, especially when they come in the form of a mechanical breakdown. Worn or damaged parts are often the root cause of heating equipment failure, but an experienced HVAC technician will catch these issues before they escalate.
- Save money on repairs. Attended inspections will proactively identify small repairs before they develop into larger and more expensive problems.
- More durable equipment. By keeping your equipment regularly cleaned and replacing parts as necessary, you can avoid major problems or the need to replace it sooner than necessary.
To get the most out of your tune-up, we recommend you do it at the beginning of the heating season. That way your heat pump, furnace, or boiler will be running smoothly and efficiently for as long as you need it.
If you’re considering a heating tune-up, you may have seen ads for annual HVAC maintenance plans. Usually, these are only offered by established contractors–and for good reason. They offer your most significant long-term savings.
In addition to saving on energy costs, annual maintenance plans also offer:
- Warranty protection for a longer lifespan. Many brands only consider your warranty valid if you have yearly professional HVAC maintenance, but by staying on top of simpler routine checks, you can avoid costly repairs down the line.
- The ability to identify an impending crisis. If you join a maintenance plan, you will receive tune-ups for your heating and cooling systems every year. Having somebody regularly checking on your equipment means that they are more likely to catch problems before it causes an expensive breakdown, which is often when you need your heater the most–on a freezing cold day!
- A smaller carbon footprint. Not only will an efficiently run heating system save you money, but it will also help the environment by consuming less energy.
Although it’s helpful to know the average HVAC maintenance costs in your area, there are other things you should take into account that could affect the final price. This includes labor rates specific to your location, the cost of materials, and any permits required in Colorado Springs.
Based on our data, the average cost for air conditioning repair in El Paso county will fall between $105.00 and $890.00 in 2022.
The estimate you’re given may not be the final price. The contractor might find things that change the price while working on your HVAC system. You’ll get a chance to review both estimates once the job is done and talk to the professional about any discrepancies in pricing.
Make sure to ask what is included in the price whenever you request preventive maintenance for air conditioners. With most companies, this involves inspecting and replacing filters, as well as cleaning vents. The contractor should also refill any coolant that has been used while running the air conditioner. However, each company offers different services so it’s important that figure out what exactly you’re paying for ahead of time.
Always ask how frequently you should have maintenance service performed in the future when you first pay for it. That way, you can prevent expensive repairs from using up all your money. As soon as you find out what the contractor has to offer, decide whether to hire them or look for another professional that can help immediately.